Blairgowrie & District Hillwalking Club
Web site: www.bdhc.org.uk
Walk A: Creagan na Beinne (Corbett 888m)
Start at Ardtalnaig (NN703394) and follow Ardtalnaig Burn approx.. 0.5km to stalkers path which ascends SW shoulder of Beinn Bhreac to summit. Head SSE then S to summit of Creagan na Beinne (888m). From here re-trace steps to col at 620m spot height then follow burn E to track then over Tom na Moine and past the Falls of Acharn to Acharn.
Approx distance: 16km. Total ascent: 865m. Min walking time:5.5 hrs
Walk B: Beinn Bhreac (716m)
Start as A walk and ascend Beinn Bhreac (716m). Continue SSE over 658m spot height to col at 620m then follow burn to track and descend over Tom na Moine and past the Falls of Acharn to Acharn.
Approx distance: 11km. Total ascent: 610m. Min walking time:4 hrs
Walk C: Falls of Acharn
Starting at Acharn (NN756437) take track S and up past the Falls of Acharn. From here continue E to NN766431 then S past Stone Circle to track junction. Re-trace steps to Acharn.
An alternative is to keep going as far as preferred from track junction on either branch.
Approx distance: 7km. Total ascent: 350m. Min walking time:3 hrs
Please note that experienced members are welcome to create their own walk should they so wish. Any applicable club rules should be followed and the route posted with the Meet Secretary on the day.
Email meets/at/bdhc.org.uk or phone on 01334 870866 if you want to come - visitors please feel free to use this email.
Please note that the Minimum walking times are based on reasonably fast walkers and assuming good conditions. The times do not include stops or breaks. In poor weather conditions or if members are not comfortable walking at 4km/hour then alternative or shorter routes should be considered.
IMPORTANT : YOUR SAFETY IN THE HILLS
The Committee reminds members and guests of the following important points:
- You are responsible for your own safety
- Club officials are not trained mountain leaders
- Are you fit enough to complete your chosen walk in the available time?
- Know where you are going on the walk and follow the route on your map.
- Know how many are in your party and stay together
- Ensure you have enough food plus emergency rations
- Carry a map & compass, survival bag, torch, whistle and small first aid kit. Know how to use them.
- In winter conditions you must carry an ice axe on high level walks (club rule). You are also recommended to carry crampons.
- Learn how to use your equipment.