Blairgowrie & District Hillwalking Club
Web site: www.bdhc.org.uk
Walk A: Lochnagar
Start at the coach park at Spittal of Glen Muick 310852 and follow the track North-west to 300858 and continue West to 274862. Leave the track and follow the path West to the coll and around the corrie rim to 244 862, Cac Carn Beag (M -1155m). Descend by the route of ascent.
Approx distance: 17km. Total ascent: 900m. Min walking time:6.5 hrs
Walk B: Conachcraig
Start as the “A” walk to 274862. Leave the track and ascend East over spot height 865m. Continue on to Conachcraig and to 283875, Caisteal na Caillich 862m. Descend South east back to join the track at 300858 and then the route of ascent back to the starting point.
Approx distance: 10.5km. Total ascent: 550m. Min walking time:4.5 - 5 hrs
Walk C: Loch Muick
Start at the coach park at Spittal of Glen Muick 310852 and follow the track which circumnavigates Loch Muick, either clockwise or anti-clockwise ending up at the starting point.
Approx distance: 12.5km. Total ascent: 20m. Min walking time:4.5 - 5 hrs
Please note that experienced members are welcome to create their own walk should they so wish. Any applicable club rules should be followed and the route posted with the Meet Secretary on the day.
Email meets/at/bdhc.org.uk or phone on 01334 870866 if you want to come - visitors please feel free to use this email.
Please note that the Minimum walking times are based on reasonably fast walkers and assuming good conditions. The times do not include stops or breaks. In poor weather conditions or if members are not comfortable walking at 4km/hour then alternative or shorter routes should be considered.
The next club walk is on the 13th May to Ben More, Crianlarich, starting at 7:30 am (Blairgowrie) and 7:15 am (Alyth).
Other information/events: Spring week-end Knoydart 31st May – 4th June.
IMPORTANT : YOUR SAFETY IN THE HILLS
The Committee reminds members and guests of the following important points:
- You are responsible for your own safety
- Club officials are not trained mountain leaders
- Are you fit enough to complete your chosen walk in the available time?
- Know where you are going on the walk and follow the route on your map.
- Know how many are in your party and stay together
- Ensure you have enough food plus emergency rations
- Carry a map & compass, survival bag, torch, whistle and small first aid kit. Know how to use them.
- In winter conditions you must carry an ice axe on high level walks (club rule). You are also recommended to carry crampons.
- Learn how to use your equipment.