Blairgowrie & District Hillwalking Club
Web site: www.bdhc.org.uk
Walk A: Ben Cleuch and Bairdenon Hill
Start at NN 914975 take path to Ben Cleuch heading N to the Law (638) Carry on the path heading NW to Ben Cleuch (721). From Ben Cleuch head NNW for 1 Km to Ben Buck (679) Head NW to Bairdenon Hill (631) Then head SSE continue down till reach track down to Silver Glen. At NN 889973 head E along Woodland Park path to Tillicoultry and Bus
Approx distance: 14 km. Total ascent: 700 m. Min walking time:6 hrs 30 mins
Walk B: Ben Cleuch
Start at NN 914975 same as A walk until Ben Buck (679) Then turn and start to head SSW for 1.5 Km to Ben Ever. After .5 Km the path splits take path to right leading to the Silver Glen until NN889973 Head E on Woodland Park track back to Tillicoultry to the start and the bus
Approx distance: 12.5 km. Total ascent: 700 m. Min walking time:6 hrs
Walk C: Woodland Path and Silver Glen
Start as A and B walk. Follow signs to Woodland Path going W passing houses. Once on path head W to Alva. There are a few notes of interest in Alva Den. Return the same way or the lower cyclist pedestrian route back to start.
Approx distance: 6.5 km. Total ascent: 70 m. Min walking time:3.5 hrs
Please note that experienced members are welcome to create their own walk should they so wish. Any applicable club rules should be followed and the route posted with the Meet Secretary on the day.
Email meets/at/bdhc.org.uk or phone on 01334 870866 if you want to come - visitors please feel free to use this email.
Please note that the Minimum walking times are based on reasonably fast walkers and assuming good conditions. The times do not include stops or breaks. In poor weather conditions or if members are not comfortable walking at 4km/hour then alternative or shorter routes should be considered.
The next club walk is on the 11 March 2018 to Glen Orchy starting at 7.30 am (Blairgowrie) and 7.15 am (Alyth).
IMPORTANT : YOUR SAFETY IN THE HILLS
The Committee reminds members and guests of the following important points:
- You are responsible for your own safety
- Club officials are not trained mountain leaders
- Are you fit enough to complete your chosen walk in the available time?
- Know where you are going on the walk and follow the route on your map.
- Know how many are in your party and stay together
- Ensure you have enough food plus emergency rations
- Carry a map & compass, survival bag, torch, whistle and small first aid kit. Know how to use them.
- In winter conditions you must carry an ice axe on high level walks (club rule). You are also recommended to carry crampons.
- Learn how to use your equipment.