Blairgowrie & District Hillwalking Club - Links to Organisations
Organisations (alphabetical order)
- The British Mountaineering Council (BMC). Includes Travel and Activity Insurance.
- Glenmore Lodge national outdoor training centre Aviemore.
- Mountaineering Council of Scotland (MC of S). Our mountaineering organisation - we're all members by affiliation. Include latest on Land Access and Campaigns, News, Mountain Safety, Publications etc.
- Mountain Man Perth - Outdoor gear specialist retailer.
- The John Muir Trust was formed in 1983 to protect and conserve wild places and to increase awareness and understanding of the value of such places.
- National Search and Rescue Dogs Association. Background, what they do, where they operate, case stories and joining "Friends of NSARDA".
- NSC Outdoor Adventures
- Ochils Mountaineering Club.
- The Ramblers Association
- Scottish Natural Heritage - Direct link to the SNH publications section.
- Scottish Mountaineering Club (SMC) - History, Activities, Publications, Huts (including CIC), Office bearers, Munros, Hillwalking and MC of S information. Also has full lists of completing Munroists.
- Scottish Youth Hostel Association - details of SYHA services, hostels, activities - with on-line booking.
- Sport Scotland – Scotland’s national sports organisation. All aspects of sport in Scotland.
- Tayside Mountain Rescue - The "local" mountain rescue team. Find out more about their work and the training they undertake. Some good photos of training exercises and climbing.
- Walkhighland good all round site with much useful information and suggested walks